Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

It's About Time!

If you asked my mother, husband, or probably anyone else that I know what my biggest flaw is they would probably most DEFINITELY say that I am the WORST person at managing my time. And they'd be right. Just about the only place that I am good about time management is at work. During my 8 hours I have developed a routine where I have a time for just about every chore that I need to do, and I always get it done. So during my personal prayer time I was asking the Lord to help me devise a plan to help me manage my time better.

This is what I got.....

We have 24 hours in each day. Of that time, we NEED to sleep a minimum of 6-8 hours. So with that in mind, this is how my schedule should look every day.

This is how long things SHOULD take.

Wake up, take medicines & check blook sugar....10 minutes
Prayer & Personal Scriptures..... Time with God...30 minutes
Yoga & A.M. Walk - 30 minutes each = 1 hour
Shower - 20 minutes
Get ready for my day - 30 minutes
TOTAL = 2.5 hours

Work - 8 hours

Personal Enrichment Time - Study/Learning - 4 hours

TOTAL= 14.5 hours

This leaves 1.5 - 3 hours for traveling, eating, relaxing, etc.

Then for sleep..... 6-8 hours....so....

It takes me about 30 minutes to wind down from my day.
Plus another 30 to fall asleep. 
This leaves me about 4.5 hours to enjoy REM sleep (if I'm lucky)
I like to set my alarm half an hour before I'm supposed to be up, with a snooze alarm 15 minutes prior to wake-up, so that I can wake up slowly. I'm not a person who just jumps out of bed.

This daily routine is something that I want to get myself into this year and make it a habit for me. I really NEED a routine to help keep me on task. I'm nearly 37 years old (in a week & a day), and I should have learned to do this years ago. Oh well, I guess better late than never!

Maybe this schedule will help someone else out too! Let me know if it does!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Be a part of the Passionately Alive Community!

Join our community on Facebook!