Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

True Love Is Hard Work!

What do you do when marriage gets tough?

As many people are anticipating the arrival of Valentine's Day it got me thinking about what most people think love is. A lot of people think that love is something that you can "fall" into or out of, but I think that is wrong. 

Love is a CHOICE.

Sure, love is easy to do when everything is hunky dory, but what do you do when things get rocky, or worse...downright DIFFICULT! I was faced with this decision last year, and I thought that the best thing that I could do to get my husband's butt in gear was to leave him. That's what brought me to Montana from Arizona....separation. But just a few hours after leaving it all set in, and over the course of the first week of my separation I knew that I had made the wrong choice. I didn't want to live without my husband. There wasn't anything that had happened that we couldn't overcome. Within two weeks of being separated, my husband and I decided to save our marriage. We were separated a little over a month before we were reunited. The things that caused me to leave have improved, but we are still working on a lot of things. But I'm glad that I made the DECISION to stay with him. 

My husband and I made the decision that we would stick together no matter what obstacles we may face. I knew when I married him that he faced very difficult barriers to employment, but his lack of motivation makes it even harder. So I've encouraged him to go to school so that he can complete the degree he wants to have the career that he wants. I'm hoping that encouraging him to follow his dreams will give him the motivation he needs to have a promising future once he's done with school.

The above images are verses that were also read at our wedding. I am grateful that we are given the definition of what love is in the word of God. If we all learned to love this way then divorce rates would be much lower. 

Love Is A Verb!

It requires ACTION. When you make the DECISION to love someone, and you pledge your life to them in marriage, remember it is for BETTER or for WORSE, in SICKNESS or in HEALTH....every day until death separates you from one another until the next life. 

I'm glad I choose each day to love my husband. My life would be so much emptier without him. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Be a part of the Passionately Alive Community!

Join our community on Facebook!